Propane Safety Tips
Propane is one of the safest fuels available. However, as is the case when handling any fuel, there are always some safety measures to follow. With that in mind, Shaw Propane reminds you to exercise caution and follow these safety tips courtesy of the National Fire Protection Association:
- Handle any propane-powered equipment cautiously and always follow manufacturer's instructions.
- Cylinder tanks for equipment such as stoves and ovens must be located outside of the home.
- Never store or use propane gas cylinders larger than one pound inside of the home.
- Never operate a propane-powered gas grill inside the home.
- Have propane gas equipment inspected periodically by a professional for possible leaks or malfunctioning parts.
- Carefully follow the manufacturer's instructions when lighting a pilot.
- If you smell a strong odor of gas, leave the area immediately and call Shaw or the fire department from outside of the home.